Thursday, March 4, 2010

One Year Older . . .

It happens every year, birthdays. Everyone has them, but some people choose to accept them differently than others. I remember being 15 and telling everyone that I was just about 16 freedom-- haha right? And then 17 was just so close to being 18. . . that much more freedom haha okay, not really. 21 is a special age for lots of people, but because I don't drink it didn't matter so much, the only thing it meant to me was that I was starting to get old. 22 was fine, because for some reason this past year, not too many people have even asked me how old I am--I have had to remind myself of how old I am-- for some reason that's a lot bigger deal for a young single girl in Utah than here in New York.
23-- wow! haha now I feel old. I had planned on being married with a kid maybe even another on the way by the time I hit that number! Obviously, I'm not where I thought I'd be, but I'm grateful for where I am. I think about not having come out here-- and my heart stops. I feel like in more ways than one, I found myself here in New York. I have had such incredible opportunities that I will cherish for the rest of my life. I have met, lived, and worked with some of the greatest people I have ever known. They've all taught me so much. It will definitely be a bittersweet farewell to my New York city adventure come the end of this month, when I leave this place I love. I have learned such valuable life lessons, learned so much about myself, so many things about all the other kinds of people, ways of thinking, religions, cultures etc. I have encountered so many critical situations where I have relied on the power of prayer, the opportunity that I have to so freely express my concerns to my father in Heaven, and been astounded by the overwhelming response's he's given me. I have grown closer to him as I recognize the reality of our communication, and as I continue to include him in my life daily, whether it be a prayer for peace, direction or comfort, and especially my gratitude for all that I'm so undeservingly blessed with.


With all of this said, I am grateful to be 23, and to have had 23 years of learning behind me. I never want to stop. I have a good feeling about this 24th year of my life--- and I'm excited to begin it. haha and whenever I start feeling old, I just think about Fuzz. . . he'll be 26 in a couple weeks! haha just kidding Fuzz--I was just teasing-- really that's not old at all.


My birthday morning started with an amazing breakfast that Lexi made for me-- It was soo good-- and super nice of her! Everyone was so kind at work-- I really am so lucky to work with such neat people! Thank you everyone for your cards and sweet texts-- and fuzz, for your email;) all of you are what helped make my birthday so special!


Last night I met with some of my buddies at the Shake shake-- never been there before of course I conveniently planned that haha so I can check that off as another one of my new restaurants! The food was awesome, but the company was even better-- I was so glad that my friends could stop by on a weeknight, even if it was just for a few min, it was so much fun!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know it was your bday! Looks like you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry we haven't sent a card yet, but I have gotten you a wedding present already. Your blog alway amazes me, you have such a natural way of expressing yourself, it's so fun to read.

    ReplyDelete