Thursday, March 4, 2010

Another Excuse for New Tasty Treats

Last Friday work was cancelled because of the snow storm we'd had throughout the night. The trains into the city were all shut down and those of us that live on the island were snowed in-- Here's a pic of my front steps, and my neighbors car. . . yea he wasn't goin' anywhere for a while.





Crazy huh?!

Because I had no choice but to stay home, I was so grateful to have another day to work on some fun new recipes, and get things done around the house. . . here are some of my new recipes, I'm just about to my 20 mark that I was aiming for before I leave the city!


This is so simple it shouldn't even count as a new recipe-- but I'm counting it because it is one of my most favorite treats ever! This is just a brown rice cake, with crunchy peanut butter-- better if it's just plain without sugar added, and bananas! It really is sooo good;) Banana's are my new love-- I never really liked them until I moved here, and now I'm addicted!


I've been craving mom's granola lately. . . so I figured I would just make me some myself. . .


Tada! It even tastes yummy too!

This is one of my favorite soups-- and, of course another new recipe for me;) This is Lemon Rosemary, Chicken, and brown rice soup! (This picture really doesn't give it justice- so just use your imagination;)


I love stir fry's but tried a new kind-- Sweet Potato Stir Fry! My work sometimes orders sushi, and when they do-- because I'm weird about any seafood-- I get the sweet potato version of it instead. I didn't even know that kind existed-- but I love it! So I thought I would use that secret ingredient in a stir fry---- so good! My buddy Kendra introduced me to sweet potato fries-- until that time I wanted nothing to do with sweet potatoes, but now I love them! Mom use to fry potatoes to go with our meals sometimes and we'd eat them with Ketchup-- so I tried the same thing with sweet potatoes and they turned out to be delish!


Sunday, Lex and I hosted a group dinner for our ward; It's where whomever wants to participate signs up, we decide what the main course will be, and then give everybody an assignment;) It works out really well when everyone actually follows through with their assignments. As you can see, well at least I hope you can tell, we decided to make Hawaiian Haystacks-- new recipe for me, but something I already knew I'd love! We made this incredible discovery in the process. . . it's called Minute rice. I love brown rice, but it takes about a half an hour to 45 min to cook it-- Minute rice cooks in less than 5 and tastes great!
I made these Zucchini Chocolate Chip cookies for one of our desserts-- I know it sounds kinda weird, but don't judge them to harshly yet. . . you've gotta try them first!

No comments:

Post a Comment