Sunday, September 9, 2012

Summer's End

Well can ya believe it's already September! They just officially announced the last day of summer last week--- even though our weather man Steve still reports "summer-like" weather in the high 90's--- perhaps he never got the memo;)

We have been keeping busy as ever! Fuzz has plenty to keep him busy with school and work, and National Guard, and now he's just recently joined the Tech Tri Team! It's been awesome! They train almost everyday except he takes Sundays off. They start their workout @ about 6am. The team is only for students, so I've just been going with him and do my own thing seperately. My friend and I signed up for a semesters course of spin a couple times a week and are just loving it! Fuzz and I had been on this cycling high--- the only downfall being that somewhere within our 20ish mile course there were bound to always be a few barking dogs that loved to chase and scare the heck out of us, however, I can't complain about the forced extra calories burned.We've found a few safer routes but it's still nice to know that I can rely on @ least 2 dog-chasing free workouts a week.

Today we changed meeting times for church. Up until now we've been meeting from 1:30 to 4:30 but now we're meeting at 10:00-1:00. This morning Fuzz and I both went to ward council meeting representing our auxiliaries @ 8--- on a Sunday! haha so much different than what we're use to, but it felt good to get us up and going early today. We're keeping busy with our callings--- Fuzz is in the Elders Quorum presidency and I've just been called to the Primary presidency, along with being the ward music director. It's awesome being involved in all the different auxiliaries and it's allowed us the opportunity to get to know so many different people in our ward so much better! The hardest thing by far for me leaving El Paso was leaving my wonderful primary children. They were the most precious children and always made me feel so loved and special. I've missed hearing "Hi Sister Iverson!" in a childs voice-- no offense to the adults, but it just not the same to me. But now. . .  I'm starting to hear it again;) and loving it!

I've been starting to teach harp again! It's kinda on the lay low though-- just because I haven't been advertising or anything, my name has just been passed around and a couple people have found me. I would love to advertise, but I really don't have the time with my work, or a consistent enough schedule fair enough for others to have to work with. The girls I teach are adorable and are learning lots very quickly-- we're having so much fun together!

We've been experimenting with different juicing recipies lately. . . working on our greening up--- some tasting much better than others;) My favorite actually was when Fuzz cleaned all of the fruit out of our fridge that was just about shot and instead of throwing them away-- because they weren't quite to that point yet-- he decided to just juice em all together and surprisingly it tasted great! As we experiment with juicing more I'll post our favs!

Well that'll about catch y'all up on where we're at! Thanks for reading;)

No comments:

Post a Comment