Tuesday, April 13, 2010

It's Official!!!

So it's been a wild weekend-- I know that there is no excuse for it taking so long for me to finally post this-- other than I've been on cloud 9. . . trying to soak this all in!

Friday night, Fuzz had asked me out on a date. . .

He took me to Texas Roadhouse-- one of our favorite restaurants, that we hadn't been to together yet since I'd moved to Texas. We had an awesome dinner, and then left and headed to the mall. . .

We went ring shopping for a while. . . and had found some beautiful rings. . . really beautiful. . . but neither of us were totally feelin' it with any of them.

After that he took me to play with puppies at the mall-- and they were so cute! (We went back again yesterday-- because puppies are just so much fun-- even more so when you just get to play with them and not clean up after them!)

Next, we went and played miniature golf together at a place close by where I live- Fuzz put's Tiger to shame-- he's so awesome at golf! And even cooler than that-- he's so patient with me because I am clueless when it comes to golf-- regardless, we had a blast!

After that, we came back to my place for a second, and went on a walk around my neighborhood. It was so dark it made me nervous-- I would never have been on streets that dark, that quiet, that late, in New York-- but here with Fuzz, I totally felt fine. We walked for a while and then finally found this lit grassy hill where we could just sit and talk. But Fuzz wasn't saying anything. I was pretty sure he was going to ask me, but he even made me check his pockets before we left to make sure that he wasn't. ;( I was still nervous though. So nervous that my tummy was all tied up in knots. And he still wasn't talking. Finally, I said-- "Hey, ya wanna tell me a story?" He liked that idea ;) . . . he started to tell me this story about Morgan, this kid-- that really liked this girl named Channing . . . he went on to essentially tell our entire 4 1/2 year dating adventure in 3rd person. . . for about 30 to 45 min. This was a good, long story. . . and I was starting to wonder if he was just trying to get my hopes up trying to be funny. . . and then he got to the end of the story, where he began speaking first person. . . said lots of cute things. . . got down on one knee as he pulled his dog tag chain out from around his neck. . . and there, dangling on the bottom of it. . . was the most beautiful ring!

He asked me. . . and the second he did. . . all of those knots went away and I felt a flood of excitement, rush right through me. It felt so good and so right for me to say "YES!" and then I started bawling, a happy cry though ;) he gave me a piggy-back ride back to my place- and that was it;) Best date of my life!

So now I'M ENGAGED!!! I still get so excited saying that! Fuzz and I were asked to speak on Sunday with our buddy Webb, and we were so excited to hear bishop announce our engagement at the pulpit. We couldn't stop smiling. . . we still can't! We had kind of an engagement party dinner with some of his buddies after church-- we made a big home cooked meal with yummy dessert-- which was a fun treat for all of us. We've been crazily wedding planning and just enjoying being ENGAGED! I still get excited when I look down and catch that sparkle out of the corner of my eye. . . not just because that sparkle is coming from a ring-- that's gorgeous-- but so much more, because it signifies that I'm getting married to the neatest guy in the whole world-- I can't believe I'm so lucky!
Wow-- I guess this is the one kind of blog post that I'm allowed to get a little giddishly carried away on. We've set the date of June 19th, 2010. Hope to see you all there!

7 comments:

  1. Wow Chan that's so exciting, congratulations!!! Haha, it took a couple of weeks after we were engaged for me to finally stop staring at my ring all of the time, its just so crazy to have it on your finger! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is seriously so cute.... I'll be in town for sures! Congrats Chan, you deserve it, and your ring rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. Your ring is magnificant. I'm sure Austin is excited to read there will be another golfer in the family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Channing. Your ring is gorgeous:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! Congrats! It's a terrible thing to say that I haven't seen you for so long that I didn't know you'd been dating this guy for 4 1/2 years! From the looks of your blog, you've been having so many adventures since the last time I saw you at Dr. Graf's office! Congratulations, he sounds like such a great guy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wow!! WOW, WOW!!! I'm so happy that you found me and I found you at this uber exciting time in your life! I'm so excited for you. Beautiful ring, beautiful couple. YAY!!! Can't wait to follow all the upcoming adventures!

    ReplyDelete