Monday, February 4, 2013

We Found Him!

So for months now my dad has been telling me that one of my cousins was serving a mission in our area. For months I've been asking almost every missionary that I've met if he knows Elder Frandsen, who's dad is my dad's cousin. I have heard several say that they've met him but that he wasn't in Lubbock, just in some of the surrounding areas. A couple Sunday's ago, Fuzz came up to me at the end of church and pointed at these couple of missionaries and said, "Look Chan, there's Elder Frandsen!" I looked and was confused at first, I knew a ton of our missionaries but this one didn't look familiar, he seemed to sense my confusion, so he added, "YOUR COUSIN! The one you've been asking everyone about--- that you've been looking for!!" I got so excited!!! Elder Frandsen gave us the look like, "Who are you guys and what's going on?" So I told him how I was a Sevy and my Dad is his dad's cousin, and that I've been looking for him for months! We had him and his companion over last night for dinner-- it was so fun talking about our relatives, and reunions that we went to but how silly it was that we can't remember each other! He knew all about my family, their jewelry business, my grandpa's passing, and my family's music. He remembers hearing us perform at our family reunion years ago-- it was crazy!! So we fed them dinner and then got a quick pic taken with him. He is a GREAT missionary! Yesterday he got up and spoke in church, and bore the most beautiful testimony-- he, has such a great attitude and tremendous love for His Savior, and this Gospel. We were so glad to have finally found and met him!



Here's a neat video from the mormon channel, there's a link for it on lds.org. This talk is from President Uchtdorf--- one of my favorite talks from one of my most favorite people!!!

http://www.mormonchannel.org/mormon-messages-for-youth?v=910947676001

No comments:

Post a Comment