Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Krispy Kreme Dash for Doughnuts



This weekend we got to run in the "Krispy Kreme Dash for Doughnuts for the Glazed and Confused" We got our buddies Rios and Jake to come with us. It was a 5k in the middle of town, they had to block of the streets for the race. It was so hot! It made me want to run faster just so that I could get to the end and cool off! It really was so much fun. Fuzz finished in about 22 min--- so fast! He got a drink and then came back to find me on the last stretch -- I had about .1 mile to go, so he ran it with me and cheered me on to the finish line where I finished in about 27 min. We were just about to leave and then we decided to go back and get a doughnut and then we saw them posting our times-- Fuzzy was so fast, but there were a lot more men in his age group-- he still placed 5th which was awesome! I got lucky and placed third in the girl division for my age group, which was exciting and totally unexpected, and so we stayed for the awards ceremony because they gave out medals to those who placed in the top 3 for each category.



The doughnuts were so yummy! We live near a Krispy Kreme, and did you know that you can go there almost whenever and get a free doughnut?! Cool huh?!



Here we're super drenched we'd just finished our race ;) El paso has lots of fundraiser races-- it's really awesome. This run for doughnuts was to help support one of the high school's in our area's cross country team. Here's our last race that we did here right before we got married:




We did this one with our buddy Webb, who also just got married.

We got to go to a chili cook-off the other day with our ward. There ended up being so many different kinds of chili, we just put numbers on these little cups and then voted on which one was our favorite. There were so many that were so different, but soooo good! Though I must say, it's a good thing my mom wasn't there competing with her chili because it would have blown em all outta the water!





So we've been doin a little car shoppin lately. . . takin our time, doing our homework, and finally we found it!!! Come to find out, the guy we were goin to buy this car from lives right behind us, like half a mile or less away! Crazy!





I had to sneak in these pics of the gorgeous plants found all over here in El Paso-- I can't believe I've never seen anything like these, especially because St. George's climate is so similar to El Paso's.



I don't know the name of these-- but I love them, and they're everywhere! One of my favorite kind of flower is Birds of Paradise. These to me kinda resemble them. . . they're like a "desert" bird of paradise ;)







These are so pretty! These are all over the place here-- they're so bright and fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment